- Very high rate of independence from glasses for most activities
- Good reading and intermediate vision in good light environment
- Good distance vision day and night
- Most people function well and are happy with their vision
- Can correct high degrees of nearsightedness and farsightedness
- Vision stabilizes quickly
- No need of cataract surgery in the future
What to expect?
With advanced Multifocal intraocular lens (IOLs) technology, RLE not only provides correction for both nearsightedness and farsightedness, but also restores vision across the entire range from near through far. Patients will enjoy the freedom of doing a wide variety of tasks without dependence on eyeglasses.
With an RLE procedure, the resulting improvement in visual acuity will be something you will most probably enjoy for the rest of your life. This is unlike Laser-corneal based procedures, including Lasik, where refraction tends to changes over time.
After the procedure, most patients experience overall improvement in both near and far vision. Visual range will also be a lot better; generally speaking, changing focus from near and far vision won’t be a problem anymore.
In general, Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE) allows patients to see well enough to perform 85-90% of their daily activities without a need of eyeglasses. RLE is the most effective method available today in eliminating visual limitations and restoring range of vision, offering patients more freedom and joy in life.
In terms of how it affects your lifestyle, RLE offers ample opportunities for you to read books and newspapers, use Smartphones, see price tags, use tablets or PCs, cook, play sports, and do many more activities you love without a need of eyeglasses. It overcomes the limitations in life, doesn’t it?