Dr. Captain Wiriyaluppa, MD.
Language: Thai, English
Dr. Captain is a highly experienced eye surgeon specializing in Refractive Lens Replacement (RLE) and Cataract surgery with Multifocal lens implant.
In 2010, He started perform RLE with Multifocal (Bifocals IOLs). With his dedication and efforts, many patients received remarkable outcome and most satisfied exceptional quality of life again.
To date, he has performed more than 1,000 lens replacement procedures, both Bifocals and Trifocals Multifocal Lens combined.
Dr. Captain was highly recognized among Thailand ophthalmologists a modern-generation ophthalmologist with broad and valuable experience in the field. He has regularly been invited to deliver his lecture as a keynote speaker in various occasions, both Thai and International conferences, particularly in the area of technical and clinical excellent outcome.
- 1997 - 2002 Doctor of Medicine (MD) (Second-class Honors) degree from the Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
- 2002 - 2007 Residency training in Ophthalmology at the Ophthalmology Department, Maharaj Nakorn Chiang Mai Hospital, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, Thailand
- 2007 - 2008 Clinical Fellowships in Vitreo-Retinal Diseases and Surgery. Division of Vitreo-retinal Disease, Ophthalmology Department, Siriraj University Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand
Certifications / License
- 2002 Doctor of Medicine Diploma
- 2007 Thai Board of Ophthalmology
- 2008 Qualification in Vitreo-Retinal Fellowship Program, Siriraj University Hospital, Thailand
- 2010 Certificate of attendance of American Academy of Ophthalmology Annual Meeting 2010, 16-19 October, Chicago, USA
- 2011 Certificate of attendance of European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons, 17-21 September 2011, Vienna, Austria
- 2013 Certificate of attendance of the European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons, 5-9 October 2013, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- 2014 Certificate of attendance of World Ophthalmology Congress® 2014, 2-6 April 2014, Tokyo, Japan
- 2014 Certificate of attendance of the European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons, September 2014, London, United Kingdom
- 28 June 2010: Co-Speaker: "Elective Lenses Enhancing Cataract Technology", Venue: The Peninsula Bangkok, Kusuma Room (Lunch at Sakuntala B): Thai-speaking language symposium
- 25 Feb 2011: Co-Speaker: “Advancements in Cataract Technology”, Venue: Plaza Athenee Bangkok: English-speaking language symposium
- 14 Sep 2011: Invited speaker: "Introduction to IOL Master", Venue: Centara Grand & Bangkok Convention Centre, Central World Bangkok: Small group Thai-speaking language symposium
- 10 Apr 2013: Invited speaker: “LOOK AT ME-AT FAMILY IOLs”, Venue: Dusit Thani Hotel, Bangkok Thailand: Thai-speaking language symposium
- 1 Oct 2014: Invited speaker: “The First Trifocal Diffractive IOL” in the topic “Trifocal IOL – Experience Sharing”, Venue: Renaissance Hotel Rajprasong, Bangkok Thailand: Thai-speaking language symposium.